Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Patron Of Sailors Nyt

Patron Of Sailors

Feast Day: July 16th

Patronage: Sailors

Saint Anne is the patron of sailors. She is invoked for protection against storms, shipwrecks, and other perils of the sea. She is also invoked for safe childbirth and for the protection of children. Anne is believed to have been born in the first century AD in Bethlehem. She was the mother of the Virgin Mary and the grandmother of Jesus Christ. Anne is mentioned in the Gospel of Luke, which tells of her meeting with Mary and Elizabeth. According to tradition, Anne died in Jerusalem around 40 AD.

Saint Anne is venerated in the Catholic, Orthodox, and Anglican churches. She is often depicted in art with Mary and the infant Jesus. Her feast day is July 16th.

Prayers to Saint Anne

There are many prayers to Saint Anne, including the following:

  • O Saint Anne, Mother of Mary, and Grandmother of Jesus, I come to you today to ask for your protection. I am a sailor, and I face many dangers on the sea. Please protect me from storms, shipwrecks, and other perils of the sea.
  • O Saint Anne, I also ask for your protection for my family. Please keep them safe while I am away at sea.
  • O Saint Anne, please help me to be a good sailor. Help me to be brave and courageous, and to always do my best.
  • O Saint Anne, I ask for your intercession for all sailors. Please protect them from harm and bring them safely home to their families.

Patronage of Sailors

Saint Anne is the patron of sailors because she is believed to have appeared to sailors in distress and to have saved them from shipwrecks. She is also invoked by sailors for protection against storms and other perils of the sea. In addition, Saint Anne is also invoked for safe childbirth and for the protection of children.

Conclusion

Saint Anne is a powerful intercessor and a source of great comfort to sailors. She is a reminder that we are not alone in our struggles, and that there is always someone who is looking out for us.


Comments